Actuarial (General Insurance) - Summer Internship Programme 2022
Our internships will provide career-building exposure to real jobs and real work and the opportunity to make a real impact. Along the way you’ll get to know how we do business, what drives our people and their success, and what we put first: our customers and the things they love and want to protect.
Your summer intern programme will give you a taste of what life at Zurich could be like in one of our graduate roles. You’ll also get to see how diversity and inclusion are baked into our business, evolving decision-making, driving innovative solutions and making us quite different from any other organisation.
Successful completion of your summer internship in 2022 could lead to you being offered a place on one of our graduate programmes starting in 2023.
What can I look forward to?
Within our General Insurance business, which looks after all non-life products such as Motor, Property and Liability, there are two sub streams.
- In the actuarial reserving team, you'll be calculating the expected level of future claims. By applying statistical techniques, analysing trends as well as experience against expectations, communicating business insight and estimating capital requirements you'll become a valuable member of the reserving function.
- In the actuarial pricing team, you’ll help to set the prices for the insurance policies we sell by calculating which risk characteristics lead to higher or lower expected claims costs. As part of this you'll find yourself analysing profitability, improving approaches to customer segmentation, and developing market-leading pricing technology.
As an Actuarial Intern, you’ll get stuck in right from the start, supported by some of the most qualified actuaries and analysts in the industry. We’ll look to you to identify and quantify risk, and to make that happen, you’ll learn how to analyse data, assess risks and build models that will drive intelligent decision-making. You will learn directly from senior colleagues who will help to advise and develop your understanding of practical actuarial solutions.
And to ensure you have the best start, a dedicated buddy will be on-hand to support you throughout your summer. Our Actuarial internships are a 10-week programme; likely start will be mid-late June.
What’s in it for you?
As well as joining a company that is passionate about sustainability and our customers, you can expect:
- £18,750 pro rata salary
- 4 days holiday for the duration of your internship
- Contribution towards private medical cover
- 12% company pension contribution
What you’ll need:
- Be in your penultimate year of study and predicted minimum 2:1 degree (or the equivalent)
- A least 112 UCAS points - (or equivalent) from 3 A-level subjects which must include Maths at grade A
- A** to C grade (9 to 4) in Maths and English GCSE
- An analytical approach to work
- A genuine desire to learn the skills you need to start a dynamic career as an actuary
Our intern programmes are designed for undergraduates who have the drive and enthusiasm to innovate the future of Zurich.
With about 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees.
Zurich Insurance Interview Reviews
23 March 2018
My initial telephone conversation was a brief chat to talk to me about the role. It was Zurich who contacted me. In the official interview, I was asked various competency...
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :management jobs london finance jobs london actuarial insurance summer internship programme zurich
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Actuarial (General Insurance) - Graduate Development Programme
South East, London, West Midlands, Birmingham, Farnborough
Business - Graduate Programme 2022
South East, South West, London, West Midlands, Scotland, Birmingham, Brighton and Hove, Glasgow, Farnborough, Swindon
Actuarial (Life Insurance) - Graduate Development Programme
South West, Swindon
Consulting Graduate Scheme - Summer 2021
£32,000 year one salary, rising to £40,000 in your second year
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide, Republic of Ireland
Commercial Banking Graduate Scheme
6Lloyds Banking Group
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire, Nationwide, Republic of Ireland
Audit Graduate Trainee (Privately-Owned Business) - Birmingham
West Midlands, Birmingham