Accounting & Outsourcing, Audit & Tax Summer Internship - Mazars
- Scotland, Nationwide, Edinburgh, Glasgow
- Apply by:
- 1st July 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
Our summer intern program is slightly different from others; we want to give our interns a broader experience by working across 3 of our service lines; Accounting & Outsourcing, Audit & Tax. With the assistance of a designated mentor, you will be involved in carrying out the day to day role of a typical first year student for each of the service lines in a supportive environment. The program is designed to be enjoyable but challenging.
During the program, you will be supporting a senior member of staff
and your typical daily duties could include:
• Assisting with tax compliance work
• Basic bookkeeping
• Use of audit, tax and cloud accounting software
• Attend client meetings
• Ensure sound knowledge of a client and its industry by researching background information and useful publications
• Attend in-house technical training as required
• Develop and apply technical knowledge gained from studies and on the job experience
• Gain an awareness of the various services provided by Mazars
• Develop communication skills and build relationships
Following the program, if a career in accountancy is something which you wish to pursue, you will be invited to apply for one of the firm’s graduate positions which would commence the following summer.
What we are looking for
We are looking for people who bring something special to the firm and who also have some distinctive qualities. We want driven people who think creatively about their work, embrace challenges and can resolve complex problems.
• Demonstrates strong analytical and research skills;
• Takes ownership of assigned tasks and adopts a pro-active approach;
• Ability to organise and prioritise workload;
• Produces accurate and timely work;
• Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness;
• Ability to build relationships;
• Respects differences in people and values diversity of ideas;
• Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge;
• Demonstrates drive and commitment to self-development;
• Professional approach to work and clients i.e. professional appearance, respect for individuals, and ethical conduct.
• Predicted 2.1 or above in any degree discipline
Please specify on your application if there were extenuating circumstances or exceptional achievements that we should take into account. We also accept equivalent international qualifications.
“At Mazars, people matter. Everyone is different and we treat our people as individuals, playing to their strengths. We pride ourselves on nurturing and developing talent, helping our people fulfil their aspirations whatever they may be.”
Ian Wrightson, UK Executive, Head of People & Culture
We are a positively different international accountancy and advisory firm. With entrepreneurship and a desire to create value at the heart of our DNA, we differentiate ourselves by the opportunities we offer our people, our approach to working with clients and our passion for responsible business.
Mazars is among the top 10 accountancy firms within the UK with approximately 140 partners and over 1800 staff serving clients from 17 offices. With offices in more than 80 countries across six continents the opportunities to build and develop your career are infinite.
Click the apply now button to get started!
Sign up for job alerts - its free