Account Manager & Sales Executive | £24K | Events | London
- £24,000 (per annum)
- Apply by:
- 5th January 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Our client is a rapidly growing agency and consultancy that recommends
speakers, and talent for corporate events around the world. Their client
base is made up of globally recognisable brands, public sector
organisations, event agencies, marketing and PR companies, charities and
associations. Essentially anyone involved in events i.e. conferences,
dinners, award ceremonies and PR launches.
The speakers and talent they supply to their clients come from a wide range of backgrounds including politics, sport, business, television and comedy. As such, the right candidate should take an interest in and be up to date with current affairs and world events. They are looking for a high calibre, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to join their hard working team.
Their success as a company comes from every member of the team playing an integral role in developing the business. The ideal candidate will be able to identify opportunities for both themselves and the company to develop.
How you can expect to spend your day:
• Key responsibilities of the new Account Manager / Sales Executive will encompass the below, but if the right candidate has a high level of specialism in some areas, and less in others, they will still be considered. There is also scope to grow the role by identifying opportunities for both themselves and the company to develop - both within and external to the business.
• As an Account Manager / Sales Executive, you'll be receiving and interpreting all kinds of event briefs from conference organisers - so you'll need to know how to ask the right questions to really understand key objectives.
• You'll be expected to gain knowledge and experience of over 7000 speakers/artistes to recommend the most appropriate talent to fit our clients' briefs.
• You'll play an integral role in identifying and developing client relationships for new and repeat business, so you should be personable and enjoy going above and beyond.
• You'll be managing and organising face to face meetings with new and existing clients (accompanied initially by a senior representative).
• You'll be expected to use all avenues to find new, prospective clients, including cold calling and actively seeking pitch work.
• You should be interested in questioning the status quo - we love to be kept on our toes, so we'll want you to be vocal about ideas to improve business processes, especially using customer data for sales purposes and customer retention.
• You'll have numerous opportunities to attend networking events, so you should be an outgoing individual with strong communication skills.
The ideal candidate's personality and qualifications:
The ideal candidate will be that special blend of outgoing, creative, analytical, self-driven and a strong team player. You should have broad interests and be up-to-date with current affairs and world events, as the speakers and talent that we supply to clients hail from a wide range of backgrounds, including politics, sport, business, television, and comedy. You should also have the confidence and flexibility to thrive in a fast-moving environment and be motivated by making a difference to a small- to medium-sized business.
• The life of an account manager/ sales executive will be dynamic and
fast-paced, so you'll need to be a quick learner (and it helps if you're
a computer whizz too).
• Great soft skills are vital: you should be a networker with a curious mind and outgoing nature.
• This a close-knit team, so they're after a team player who contributes to our supportive culture, but who also has the intuition to work individually.
• You should be self-motivated and driven to make a difference.
• You'll have outstanding verbal, written and analytical skills.
• You should possess a strong attention to detail.
• You'll need to use your excellent time management skills to efficiently organise your workday.
What are the perks of working at this company?
• Pension scheme
• Bike-to-work scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• Season ticket loan
• Flexi-working around core hours (discretionary)
• Peer to peer mentoring scheme
• Work iPhone upon completion of probation period
• 20 days of annual leave, with 1 day accrued for every year of service up to 25 days, and the option to buy 5 additional days a year
• The opportunity to see and hear as many speakers and comedians as you can!
Sign up for job alerts - its free