- £24,000 (£30 to 35k OTE)
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
· Motivated to earn commission on top of your basic salary?
· Looking to work in a sociable office surrounded by like-minded individuals?
· Do you enjoying building and developing relationships with existing clients?
Gumtree is a part of the eBay family and we’re the UK’s number one classifieds site. With nearly a million new ads on the site each week and a whopping 11.9 million visitors every month, we pride ourselves on being the go-to place for everything from finding your next job to a place to live and everything in between.
And we’re continuing to grow!
eBay and Gumtree Motors
We have a great new opportunity for an experienced Account Manager to join our rapidly expanding Motors team.
The Motors team is one of our 4 classified verticals that also includes Jobs, Property and Services. Backed by significant investment, since the beginning of 2018 we have been partnered with eBay Motors providing a joint platform for our clients to advertise on and cementing us as a leading organisation with the eBay Classifieds Group.
eBay has now acquired Motors.co.uk, strengthening our position as number 2 in the motors listing market (6,500 advertisers and nearly 0.5 million listings) we now provide dealers with a seamless way of advertising in several places at once.
You will be joining us at a very exciting time, a pivotal moment on our journey that opens up many new opportunities for us to capitalise on.
What will you be doing?
You will play a pivotal role at Gumtree maintaining and developing relationships with our existing client base. Responsible for your own accounts, retention, cross selling and upselling are key focuses of this position. We expect great things of you and will ensure you have all the training and support necessary to achieve them. Your day to day will also involve the following:
- Ensuring opportunities and threats are identified and planned for within your account base
· Delivering weekly reports and forecasts to your line manager
· Ensuring the CRM is up to date and accurate at all times
· Ensuring your accounts receive the best possible ROI and a world-class user experience
· Meeting and exceeding daily KPI’s and performance metrics (calls, proposals, etc)
· Having a complete understanding of Gumtrees’ products and services to adequately answer all customers’ queries
· Working with finance to follow up on bad debt and payment enquiries
· Identifying opportunities within your client base for further sales of unseen/ tried products
· Interpret and deliver performance data to clientele
What are we looking for?
Whilst a background in telephone based B2B sales and account management is preferred, we also look for people from a sales background with the following attributes:
· A passion for speaking to people and building long lasting relationships
· A highly organised and methodical approach to your work
· The ability to multi-task effectively and efficiently
· A solution orientated approach to problems
· A positive, can-do attitude
What can we offer you?
· A competitive commission structure
· 25 days holiday increasing with length of service
· Up to 7.5% employer pension contribution
· Progression opportunities within the business where and when appropriate
· Constant and on-going training through our Learning and Development offering
· Free breakfast and access to our well-being programme
· Discounts at local fitness studios, restaurants and health & beauty salons.
Gumtree are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
If you’re interested in this exciting opportunity, apply now with a copy of your CV and we’ll be in touch to discuss your application.
Location: Richmond, UK
Hours: 9-5.30 Monday to Friday
Gumtree is the first site for free classifieds ads in the UK. Buy and sell items, cars, properties, and find or offer jobs in your area.
Sign up for job alerts - its free