Account Executive - Corporate PR/Communications
- £18000 to £21000 per annum negotiable depending on experience + bonus
- Apply by:
- 5th March 2019
- Start date:
My client are the UK's leading independent Corporate Communications and Public Affairs agency. With over 100 staff working out of three offices across the UK, they work with clients across the entire nation to give them a voice and convey their messages to politicians, the public, businesses, the media and other stakeholders. They are experts in what they do; they know what works and what doesn't - they aren't just experts in PR/Comms, they're experts in business. Commerciality is at the heart of what they do.
"You're only as good as the company you keep" - their client base shows the quality of their work and the effectiveness of their campaigns; prestigious clients such as National Grid, BBC, Kantar and Whitbread have worked with them for years and have led to them having a name for doing things well.
Culturally, the word which sums up their company is intelligent - they are a group of passionate, switched-on and motivated people who love what they do. But they have fun, too - their office is never quiet and boring.
They are looking to hire a graduate into an Account Executive position in their London office.
The Account Executive role is one that is only suitable for, and open to, the very highest calibre of graduates. They are experts in what they do and - since they are a very career-minded organisation - they only hire graduates who have the tenacity, curiosity, intellectual capacity and drive to become experts, too.
There are certain requirements that we use to shortlist candidates for this role, including (but not limited to!):
- 2:1 or above from a Russell-group (or thereabouts) university, ideally in a humanities-based subject.
- Exceptional written communication skills - a lot of what they do is writing-based, and so having flawless written English is essential.
- Experience in a similar role and industry.
- An interest in business, politics and public affairs - they are not a consumer PR agency, they work with corporations, and so an interest in business and the commercial world is important.
- Drive, motivation and passion.
- Career-mindedness - unlike many companies in their sector, they take on fresh graduates with no experience and invest massively in training. This makes them a career-focused organisation, who have many employees with 10/15+ years experience - they give people the opportunities to succeed long-term and progress right to the top.
In terms of the role itself, this is very much a learning position. You will cover most of the sectors in which they work to gain as much experience and exposure as possible and carry out duties such as press release drafting, copywriting, public affairs and marketing strategy consulting.
They recognise that, in order to get the best graduates working for them, they have to offer more than just excellent progression, intellectually challenging work and an enjoyable environment. This is why they offer a basic starting salary of £19-21,000 p.a. with many opportunities for salary increases slightly further down the line. This is partly because they work in the corporate sector - so unlike, for example, consumer marketing, we pay very well long term.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply and one of the Wiser Graduates team will contact you within with information on next steps. We aim to get back to all candidates within 5 working days.
Sign up for job alerts - its free