2021 UK Graduate Software Engineer – Java
The key to a successful economy is the development of safe and efficient transport networks. Intelligent transport systems play an important in improving our transport systems, through enhancing the mobility of people, data provision, improving safety and reducing environmental impact.
In this role, you will be working within Transport Technology’s System Delivery team, specialising in software engineering and dedicated to producing high quality software for public and private sector clients. Our projects are incredibly varied, and when working for us you could be working on solutions relating to transport network management, crisis management, data analysis software, creating public facing websites and mobile applications.
You will work on the full lifecycle of a project from requirements capture, design and delivery of high quality software through to final deployment and client handover. Your daily activities will include design, software development, testing, database development, and live system support.
We have roles available in our Newcastle and Glasgow offices.
We are looking for flexible and motivated graduates with a genuine passion for software engineering, and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
In your application you should be able to demonstrate your interest in your chosen sector through relevant experience, such as studying relevant modules, or previous work experience.
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail, and be able to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing.
A graduate scheme should be more than just job. We know this and so do you. That’s why with this programme, we aim to give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career.
From the moment you join us, you’ll receive the training you need. You will be assigned a chartered mentor, who will guide you to meet the objectives of your professional training agreement. We’ll support you on your journey to gaining chartered status with your chosen institution.
What else is involved?
With our innovative graduate development portal, you will be able to effectively track and plan your personal and professional development online.
You’ll be enrolled onto Accelerate Your Future, a three-year programme which develops your strengths, it also gives you the opportunity to network and meet other graduates in your cohort. The programme is a mix of residential events, classroom-based learning, virtual webinars and business challenges.
We understand that each person’s career goals vary, therefore we tailor make each individual’s development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you’ll get:
- Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
- A competitive salary: in addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
- Contributory pension: we have the best people on our team and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.
Mott MacDonald is a £1.2 billion management, engineering and development consultancy with 16,000 staff and a global reach spanning six continents.
Mott MacDonald Interview Reviews
19 June 2017
After applying for the graduate scheme, I received a phone call from a recruitment administrator asking if I would mind working in one of their Norwich offices and if I would...
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :graduate software engineer java mott macdonald
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Graduate / Junior Software Developer
6Just IT Training Ltd
KPMG 2021 Technology & Engineering Graduate Programmes
South West, West Midlands, North West, Scotland, Yorkshire, Birmingham, Bristol, Glasgow, Leeds, Manchester
1st Line Support - Just IT
6Just IT Training Ltd
Machine Learning Engineer – Graduate Programme
£32,000 (increasing to £40k afer one year)
Cloud Engineer – Graduate Scheme
£32,000 rising to £40,000 after Year 1
Full Stack Developer - TPP