2021 UK Graduate Software Engineer – Java
Do you have the drive and passion to pursue a career in utilities asset management? Working within a project team, you’ll gain varied experience and develop core skills in asset management and water resources, particularly with asset management playing an important role in helping infrastructure companies to meet their targets and achieve their goals across their infrastructure and operations.
You’ll be involved in asset management capability development, using ISO 55000 principles across all utility and asset owning sectors, both in the UK and worldwide. Your role will be varied and will also include pipelines and networks design, and water resource management work.
The asset management team in Mott MacDonald’s Water Consultancy business provides strategic asset management services to utilities, regulators, multilateral and commercial lenders, government organisations and research bodies. These services include strategy development, asset management planning, utility performance improvement, regulatory advisory services, investment appraisal, project finance advisory services, water resource and resilience plans and water and wastewater strategic studies.
You will gain responsibility not only for asset management solution development, but also for quality standards and programme & budget. You will develop broad skills in asset management and expand capability in use of digital tools and modelling, alongside developing your civil engineering design skills on water and wastewater projects.
We are looking for a flexible and motivated graduate with a genuine passion for Water Engineering and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To apply for this scheme, you will need to have less than 12 months experience and have a masters degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
In your application you should be able to demonstrate your interest through relevant experience, such as studying relevant modules, or previous work experience.
We are looking for a graduate with the following characteristics:
- Methodical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail and be able to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing.
** Please note, this role is based in our Reading Office only **
About this role - is it the right one for you?
A graduate role should be more than just job. We know this and so do you. That’s why with this programme, we aim to give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career.
From the moment you join us, you’ll receive the training you need. You will be assigned a chartered mentor, who will guide you to meet the objectives of your professional training agreement. We’ll also support you on your journey to gaining chartered status with your chosen institution.
What else is involved?
With our innovative graduate development portal, you will be able to effectively track and plan your personal and professional development online.
You’ll be enrolled onto Accelerate Your Future, a three-year programme which develops your strengths, it also gives you the opportunity to network and meet other graduates in your cohort. The programme is a mix of residential events, classroom-based learning, virtual webinars and business challenges.
We understand that each person’s career goals vary, therefore we tailor make each individual’s development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you’ll get:
- Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
- A competitive salary: in addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
- Contributory pension: we have the best people on our team and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.
Mott MacDonald is a £1.2 billion management, engineering and development consultancy with 16,000 staff and a global reach spanning six continents.
Mott MacDonald Interview Reviews
19 June 2017
After applying for the graduate scheme, I received a phone call from a recruitment administrator asking if I would mind working in one of their Norwich offices and if I would...
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :graduate software engineer java mott macdonald
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Graduate / Junior Software Developer
6Just IT Training Ltd
Cloud Engineer – Graduate Scheme
£32,000 rising to £40,000 after Year 1
KPMG 2021 Technology & Engineering Graduate Programmes
South West, West Midlands, North West, Scotland, Yorkshire, Birmingham, Bristol, Glasgow, Leeds, Manchester
Graduate Software Test Consultant - London
Summer Internships with PwC - Summer 2021
Graduate Software Developer (No coding experience required)