2019 UK Graduate process engineering scheme
- Competitive + benefits
- London, West Midlands, Wales, Scotland, Croydon, Glasgow, Wrexham, Shifnal
- Apply by:
- 18th November 2018
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
What will you be getting up to?
Our process engineering expertise provides a core discipline for much of our work in the Water, Nuclear and Oil & Gas Industries, allowing our experts to develop appropriate, safe, and cost-effective designs and long term sustainable solutions for many different types of projects. Our specialist process engineering teams have renowned expertise in advanced simulation and analysis.
Your typical work will include:
• Involvement in a single project, or small portfolio of projects, including waste water and clean water treatment, nuclear and oil and gas; from conception through to detailed design.
• Preparing documents, reports and health and safety risk assessments.
• Interpret and report on commercial and/or contractual aspects of projects with fellow professionals.
• Maintain a comprehensive knowledge and appreciation of current technical engineering codes and practises and take a "hands on" role in technical matters.
We are looking for graduates to join our Croydon, Glasgow, Shifnal and Wrexham offices.
We are looking for flexible and motivated graduates with a genuine passion for process engineering, and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To apply for this scheme, you will have less than 12 months experience
and have achieved, or due to complete, a postgraduate qualification in;
• Process engineering
• Chemical engineering, or related discipline.
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:
• Methodical approach to problem solving
• Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
• Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
• Excellent written communication skills, numeracy, and attention to detail; including demonstrating the production of accurate technical drawings and good report writing skills.
** Application deadline is the 18 November 2018 **
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy focused on guiding our clients through many of the planet’s most intricate challenges. By challenging norms, we’re committed to making a positive contribution to the wellbeing of our staff as well as the environment, communities, and market places in which we operate.
About this scheme – is it the right one for you?
A graduate scheme should be more than just job. We know this and so do you. That’s why with this programme, we aim to give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career.
From the moment you join us, you’ll receive the training you need. You
will be assigned a chartered mentor, who will guide you to meet the
objectives of your professional training agreement. We’ll support you on
your journey to gaining chartered status with your chosen institution
• The Chartered Institution of Water & Environmental Management (CIWEM)
• The Chartered Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE)
What else is involved?
With our innovative graduate development portal, you will be able to effectively track and plan your personal and professional development online.
You’ll be enrolled onto the Mott MacDonald Academy, a development programme which runs alongside your professional development scheme. The programme introduces you to key business and commercial competencies, helping you to drive your career forward with us.
We understand that each person’s career goals vary, therefore we tailor each individual’s development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning and other courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you’ll
• Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
• A competitive salary: In addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
• Contributory pension: we have the best people on our team and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
• A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.
• A variety of subsidised sports and social activities: work isn’t just about work. We encourage a healthy work-life balance. Each of our offices have a dedicated and active sports and social team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
Sign up for job alerts - its free