2019 UK Graduate Landscape Architecture Scheme
- Competitive plus benefits
- South East, Southampton
- Apply by:
- 18th November 2018
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Our Southampton office part of a wider network of landscape professionals who are an award winning landscape and urban design practice. They create memorable and site specific landscapes for people and places. A key element in their approach is understanding the environment, its physical attributes and cultural context. This combined with embracing of innovative and informed design approaches, contributes to the creation of unique spaces on an international basis.
Our multi-disciplinary highways team consists of over 60 environment professionals. Their expertise covers a diverse range in sustainability, carbon, landscape, arboriculture, ecology, noise and vibration, environmental management, planning and assessment fields. The role would involve undertaking site surveys in support of landscape and visual impact assessments (LVIA), and assisting in the analysis and development of landscape and environmental improvement schemes. They also produce conceptual and detailed designs (and associated contract drawings), and presentation drawings. This role can accommodate grads who have graduated in 2018 who are available to start immediately.
We are looking for flexible and motivated graduates with a genuine passion for landscape architecture, and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To apply for this scheme, you will have less than 12 months experience and have an MSc or MA in Landscape Architecture, or a BA Hons in landscape architecture.
You should be able to demonstrate your interest in your chosen sector through relevant experience, such as studying relevant modules, or previous work experience.
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:
• Methodical approach to problem solving
• Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
• Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
• Excellent written communication and attention to detail, and be able to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing.
• Good graphic skills and competence in AutoCAD and Adobe photoshop.
** Application deadline is the 18 November 2018 **
We have exciting opportunities for graduates to join our landscape team based in our Southampton office.
About this scheme – is it the right one for you?
A graduate scheme should be more than just job. We know this and so do you. That’s why with this programme, we aim to give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career.
From the moment you join us, you’ll receive the training you need. You will be assigned a chartered mentor, who will guide you to meet the objectives of your professional training agreement.
We’ll support you on your journey to gaining chartered status with The Landscape Institute. (LI)
What else is involved?
With our innovative graduate development portal, you will be able to effectively track and plan your personal and professional development online. You’ll be enrolled onto the Mott MacDonald Academy, a development programme which runs alongside your professional development scheme. The programme introduces you to key business and commercial competencies, helping you to drive your career forward with us.
We understand that each person’s career goals vary, therefore we tailor make each individual’s development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer.
Join us, and you’ll get:
• Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
• A competitive salary: In addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
• Contributory pension: we have the best people on our team and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
• A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.
• A variety of subsidised sports and social activities: work isn’t just about work. We encourage a healthy work-life balance. Each of our offices have a dedicated and active sports and social team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
Sign up for job alerts - its free