2019 UK Graduate Building Information Modelling (BIM) Technician
- Competitive plus benefits
- South West, Wales, Newport, Wrexham
- Apply by:
- 18th November 2018
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
What will you be getting up to?
The Mott Macdonald Bentley team are currently working within the Welsh Water Capital Alliance framework based out of their clients office in Newport South Wales, and Wrexham, where they are working on projects within the water treatment sector.
Both offices are looking to expand their BIM teams, where typical duties
• Producing "preliminary", "construction" and "as built" drawings to company standards using BIM software packages such as Revit, Civil3D, Microstation and AECOsim.
• Collaborating with other team members to produce accurate 3D models, and occasionally computer visualisations.
• Producing structural and hydraulic analysis outputs from these models that will be used by other disciplines to aid the production of the best workable design solutions for the client.
• Producing piping and instrumentation diagrams.
• Working with the state of the art shared 360 degree 3D visualisation tool – The Igloo – to assist teams with immersive technical reviews
The opportunity to see the drawings and models you produce be constructed with an intense design and build construction programme across Wales
We are looking for flexible and motivated graduates with a genuine passion for water, and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To apply for this scheme, you will have less than 12 months experience
and have achieved a 2.1 degree in
• Building information modelling (BIM)
• Computer game design, or related degree
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:
• Methodical approach to problem solving
• Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
• Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
• Excellent written communication and attention to detail and be able to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing.
• Strong BIM skills demonstrated through knowledge of programmes such as Revit and Civil 3D.
• Strong knowledge of database design and computer programming with packages such as SQL Management Studio, Visual Basic, Python and C++.
** Application deadline is the 18 November 2018 **
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy focused on guiding our clients through many of the planet’s most intricate challenges. By challenging norms, we’re committed to making a positive contribution to the wellbeing of our staff as well as the environment, communities, and market places in which we operate.
About this scheme – is it the right one for you?
A graduate scheme should be more than just job. We know this and so do you. That’s why with this programme, we aim to give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career.
From the moment you join us, you’ll receive the training you need. You will be assigned a chartered mentor, who will guide you to meet the objectives of your professional training agreement. We’ll support you on your journey to gaining chartered status with your chosen institution.
What else is involved?
With our innovative graduate development portal, you will be able to effectively track and plan your personal and professional development online.
You’ll be enrolled onto the Mott MacDonald Academy, a development programme which runs alongside your professional development scheme. The programme introduces you to key business and commercial competencies, helping you to drive your career forward with us.
We understand that each person’s career goals vary, therefore we tailor make each individual’s development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you’ll
• Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
• A competitive salary: In addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
• Contributory pension: we have the best people on our team and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
• A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.
• A variety of subsidised sports and social activities: work isn’t just about work. We encourage a healthy work-life balance. Each of our offices have a dedicated and active sports and social team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
Sign up for job alerts - its free