2019 UK Architectural Industrial Trainee
- Competitive + benefits
- Scotland, Glasgow
- Apply by:
- 18th November 2018
- Start date:
- Job type:
What to expect
We are looking for an Architectural part 1 to join our growing team in Glasgow for 6-12 months who can complement a wide variety of project type delivery.
• Examples of tasks that may be undertaken by the successful candidate:
• Involvement in a project or a small portfolio of projects of various sizes from conception through to completion
• Assessing and understanding project requirements
• Undertaking design across a number of disciplines
• Preparation of CAD drawings in Revit and AutoCAD under the supervision of a qualified architect.
• To be a part of an Architectural team under the guidance of senior architects, and to coordinate proactively with other engineering disciplines and their own architectural colleagues
• To express the will to improve their skills in improving their knowledge in design, software use, technical working drawings and details.
You will be working with graduates, experienced professionals, and other students so a placement with us is the perfect opportunity to learn from a variety of people while understanding our values and culture. It’s also a great chance to get involved with real projects while gaining relevant experience.
We do not have a formal structure for our placements so you can really make the role your own. The more you get involved and the more questions you ask, the more you will gain from your experience with us.
To join us for a Part 1 placement you must currently be at university studying towards a degree in architecture or a related degree.
We are looking for students with the following characteristics:
• Methodical approach to problem solving
• Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
• Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
• Excellent written communication and attention to detail
• Able to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing.
Experience in Revit would be beneficial
** Application deadline is the 18 November 2018 **
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy focused on guiding our clients through many of the planet’s most intricate challenges. By challenging norms, we’re committed to making a positive contribution to the wellbeing of our staff as well as the environment, communities, and market places in which we operate.
About our placements – is this right for you?
We’re looking for highly motivated students who are passionate about learning from our industry experts. You’ll be given the opportunity to gain invaluable experience working on some of the exciting projects that are helping to shape tomorrow’s world.
We understand that to put your learning into practice it’s important that you’re given an accurate insight in to our innovative industry. With enough work placement experience under your belt you can get just that. Think of it as a worthwhile investment towards your future career.
We place a lot of emphasis on giving you a realistic view of our world so you can decide if it’s the industry you want to work in.
Many of the employees that we recruit for our graduate schemes are students that have made an impression during their placements with us, so remember, this could be the start of a promising career for you with Mott MacDonald.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
Sign up for job alerts - its free