|Salary:||competitive plus benefits|
|Sectors:||Engineering, Manufacturing and Production, Science & Technology,|
We're a global management, engineering and development consultancy focused on guiding our clients through many of the planet's most intricate challenges. We're committed to making a positive contribution to the well-being of our staff and the environment, and the communities and market places in which we operate.
Our award-winning graduate programme will give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career. You will join our accredited professional development scheme, which will enable you to gain chartered status with the Institution of Chartered Engineers (ICE) or the Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE). You'll receive the training you need and will be assigned a chartered mentor, who will guide you to meet the objectives of your professional training agreement. Our unique upGRADe tool allows you to effectively track and plan your personal and professional development online.
You will enrol onto the Mott MacDonald Academy, a four- year development programme which runs alongside your professional development scheme. The programme introduces you to key business and commercial competencies, helping you to drive your career forward with Mott MacDonald.
We understand that every person's ambitions are unique to them therefore we have a vast library of e-learning courses available.
As well as all of that we also offer a competitive salary; biannual salary reviews for your first three years; contributory pension; flexible benefits scheme; and a variety of subsidised sports and social activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
Our civil engineers work on every facet of development, offering the opportunity to create better cities, reduce poverty, improve health and make our environment and communities more resilient in the face of climate change. Using sustainability as a focus, you'll play a part in safeguarding natural resources while creating economic and social growth for generations to come.
You can apply to work in the following areas:
• Structures - we design structures which improve local communities in a variety of sectors including buildings, bridges, water and energy. We use BIM technology to provide sustainable design solutions such as the Mosaic stadium in Canada.
• Infrastructure- join our multi-disciplinary teams which design infrastructure helping to support all human activities, including transportation systems, energy and water. Our teams are responsible for master planning, concept and feasibility through to full detailed design and supervision on site.
• Geotechnics- we work on numerical analysis for stability, earth pressures, deformation and pore pressure distribution and their application into engineering designs. Geotechnical engineers have had an important role in the design of Crossrail, Heathrow terminal 2 and CB1 development in Cambridge.
• Power- we work on large scale projects including power generation, transmission and distribution and nuclear power. Our teams design power grids and sub stations, and providing civil design support to projects such as the Hinckley Point power station
• Transport- we have over 100 years experience working in transport, and are the market leaders when it comes to the design of roads, rail, highways, and tunnels. We work on high profile projects such as HS2, Crossrail and the A3 upgrade between Portsmouth and London.
• Water- we design water supply networks, drainage and flood barriers, and create hydraulic models. We work with a number of large water utility groups. Within our water sector we have a joint venture partnership, Mott MacDonald Bentley, which is an unique opportunity to work in a design and build office, giving graduates both design and site experience.
• Marine- our coastal team are pioneering the use of BIM to design coastal defence schemes, with the Clacton-on-sea project being the very first. Our ports team are involved in the planning, engineering and construction supervision of all types of port facilities including container terminals, ro-ro berths, facilities for coal, oil, gas and dry bulk, fishing ports and cruise terminals, shipyards and dockyards. Example projects include Heritage Wharf in Bermuda.
We are looking for flexible and motivated graduates with a genuine passion for civil engineering, and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To apply for this scheme you will have less than 12 months experience and have achieved a 2:1 or above in one of the following degree disciplines:
• Civil engineering
• Coastal engineering
• Geotechnical engineering
• Engineering science specialising in civil
• Structural engineering
When you apply you will be asked to choose which sectors you are applying for; your sector choices should reflect where you are passionate about starting your future career. You should be able to demonstrate your interest in your chosen sector through relevant experience, such as studying relevant modules, or previous work experience.
• We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:Methodical approach to problem solving
• Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
• Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
• Excellent written communication and attention to detail, and be able to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing.
Sector: Buildings, Environment, Power, Transport, Rail, Highways, Water, Maritime, Metros, Urban Transport Bridges, Environment, Geotechnical, Highways, Maritime, Railways, Special services, Structures, Tunnels, Water, Waste Water, Traffic, Infrastructure
Application deadline is the 20 November 2016.
Competitive depending on experience London, Republic of Ireland ASAP
Competitive South East, Hatfield, Brookmans Park
£27,000 to £30,000 Nationwide 1-Sep-2017
Competitive plus benefits South West, Malmesbury Various
£26,500 plus benefits South West, Malmesbury Various
£23,000 to £40,000 plus OTE South West, London, Bristol ASAP
£19k London ASAP
Competitive plus benefits London 3-Jul-2017
£32,500 +£5,000 welcome bonus plus benefits plus Bonus Nationwide
Competitive plus benefits London
£28,000 plus benefits South West, London, Scotland
£22,000 to £24,500 location weighting plus benefits plus Bonus Nationwide Ongoing
competitive London ASAP
£27,000 plus benefits Nationwide 1-Sep-2017
£25,000 plus benefits plus expenses salary review South East, London, Nationwide ASAP
£30,000 plus benefits Nationwide Various
£25,000 to £30,000 plus benefits South East, London Ongoing
Competitive West Midlands, Birmingham ASAP