graduate-jobs.com UK Ltd ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), the data controller is
graduate-jobs.com UK Ltd
Phone: +44 20 7609 5400
Registered company number: 03928623
Data Protection Act registration number: ZA127246
You can contact our nominated representative and data controller by emailing email@example.com
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.graduate-jobs.com ("our site"). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by graduate-jobs.com UK Ltd, and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site [including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise] and the resources that you access.
- Details of emails you might send through the site, using our email forms.
- Your CV file, if you upload one.
- Your diversity profile, if you choose to complete it.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your usage by storing a cookie on your computer. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
When you visit our website a number of cookies are placed on your computer. Here is a Wikipedia article about cookies.
As part of the terms and conditions for using graduate-jobs.com, you consent to graduate-jobs.com (and third parties) placing cookies on your computer.
We place a cookie on your computer called JSESSIONID which allows us to recognise whether or not you are logged in and many features of graduate-jobs.com rely on this cookie. Please see 'Session management' in the Wikipedia article. No personal information is stored in the cookie. The cookie is invalidated when you log out and is deleted when you close the browser. It is only available to graduate-jobs.com and never to any other website.
Some of the advertisements you see on our site are provided by third parties who specialise in serving and tracking advertising campaigns. They store cookies on your computer to help them compile anonymous statistics about the campaigns. Another third party collects data on our behalf so that we can measure website use and performance. They store anonymous information in a cookie.
Some of our pages have Adobe Flash content. The Adobe Flash Player stores information about your player preferences in its own files on your computer.
You can modify your browser and Flash player so that they will not accept cookies. Click here for instructions on how to manage cookies. Here are instructions on managing Flash player settings. If you do disable cookies, many services on graduate-jobs.com will not work properly.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have opted in to being contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please click on the unsubscribe link in any of the automated emails we send to you.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If graduate-jobs.com UK Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
If you choose to create an account with us and to complete our diversity information form, you are consenting to us holding the information about yourself that you provide, which may include special categories of personal data such as your racial or ethnic origin, sexual orientation or registered disabled status.
You can withdraw your consent to our holding any or all of this information at any time by going back to the diversity information form and editing any or all of your answers to 'Prefer not to say'.
We use diversity information for the following purposes:
- To generate aggregate statistical and/or anonymous reports about the diversity of our user base. Such reports do not contain personal information about you or any identifiable individual.
- To send you email communications on behalf of our clients where they have requested they be sent to an audience with a particular diversity profile. When sending you these emails, we do not share any of your information (diversity related or otherwise) with our client. Such emails will not be sent to you if you have not also opted in to receiving client emails from us.
There is no obligation to provide any diversity information and the service you receive from us will not be affected if you choose not to.
If you wish us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes, please click on the unsubscribe link in any of the automated emails we send to you. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Enquiries.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.